Thursday 6 October 2016

Favourite Album Covers





Here is Aiden Grimshaw's album cover from the album that features the song that we will be using when filming our music video. The things that I like most about this album cover is the setting. The greenery lets off many connotations that are relevant to the genre and indeed the music. Also the styling of Aiden is perfect again to fit the genre conventions. Also the composition of the photo is very good as he is photographed very close to the dead centre of the cover, this makes him the focal point of the cover. The thing I like most about this cover is actually the simplicity of it. This will be an idea I certainly will adopt when creating my own.
This is disclosure's album "settle". The thing that I like most from this cover is the use of special effects on the faces of the children. This is very artistically satisfying and will appeal to the genres audience. Also again I like this simplicity behind the composition and layout. Not heaps of information is provided. Only the Brand name and the album name. This is an idea I may elect to adopt when creating my won cover.

Image result for Dan Croll sweet disarray
Finally here is Dan Croll's "Sweet Disarray" album cover. The things that I like most are the styling of Dan himself as this fits the genre conventions to a T. Also the colour scheme is very appealing and aesthetically pleasing. I think that this album cover brings in everything from the previous two I like and took strengths from both of the others. The layout and composition of this one is perfect and the simplistic style and fonts really work on this album cover. But what makes it work is defiantly the prominent of the colours in the background. I will try to implement much from this cover into mine when creating it.

No comments:

Post a Comment