Tuesday 11 October 2016

Teacher Feedback From Draft

We were asked to print off a physical copy of our Drafts. The music poster in an A4 format and the CD template in A3 format. We were asked by our subject teachers (Mr Smith & Mr Ford) as they were going to give us some feedback on our draft work. Mr Ford did mine. He said that he did indeed like my idea on the music poster but I few changes would have to be made. He highlighted that the name of the album itself wasn't actually featured on my music poster, this doesn't follow the conventions of music posters from this genre or indeed any genre. Therefore I have elected to change this and feature it in the space where the website is and then to move the website down to the bottom. He also pointed out that at the bottom of my poster it tells you all the formats the product can be produced in. He crossed out the "special edition Vinyl 10'" and asked me to change this to a digital format. This will be another change to make on my final music poster.

Again he seemed relatively happy with my Draft template cd also. He said that I would ideally like to produce a lyric book, this will be done for my final mock up and I will put a lot of research into making my own one for the album. Also the text on the spine is actually upside down which I hadn't noticed, this will need to be flipped on my final piece. Also on the spine of my CD I will need to feature a record label logo or website. This will all be done to my spine.
One of the main things that he saw wrong with my CD template was the use of borders. This is a common theme in all of my digipak. But he rightfully noticed that the borders needed to be the same gap on the back as the front, this would create more fluidity in my CD case.  This will be changed so they are all the same.

All of this advice will be acted upon when making amendments to my draft. I will also produce different variations of the same product using the different images fonts and layouts in order to pick the best of created images ultimately optimising my final products quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment