Friday 7 October 2016

Journey In Draft Cover Creation




I started by looking at the images from the photo shoot and the one in top left really caught my eye. I then saw the Frank oceans blonde album and really like the simplicity of it. I was originally going to use the top left image in that format. I then looked at fonts and colour schemes I really liked the idea of a black and white sort of polaroid effect on the image. I then went off the idea of polaroid's. I then looked at the way the Orwell's have used fonts and borders in two of their album covers. I was going to copy these two factors in my own cover. This wouldn’t work with the image being colourful so I looked at more darker images from the shoot. I liked this one above the text as it was facing the camera in a similar way to Dan crolls Album which is on the bottom middle of the board. I then really liked the Dan Croll colour scheme but after looking at M83's colourful album cover it kind of put me off. Again this idea went nowhere. I then explored and looked at Aiden Grimshaw's album cover. I liked the use of greenery. I then used photos from the short that featured greenery. This idea again never materialised. I then came across the work of the arctic monkeys and Kasabian first album and reverted back to a black and white colour scheme. I tried this without a border and with a border and with moving the font around. I then finally decided on the bottom right. Using Frank oceans border theme and the Orwell's font with the colour scheme from Kasabian and AM. 



No comments:

Post a Comment